Our goal is simple: to provide you with a transformative professional development experience at an affordable price. This conference emphasizes evidence-based practice, educational innovation, and practical applications of theories and research findings in the field of distance education and online learning. There are also many opportunities for you to network, share, and collaborate with peers from around the world. You will head home with new skills, fresh knowledge, and the motivation to apply what you’ve learned.
Immerse yourself in discovery
More than 100 sessions help you find out what others are thinking and doing in the world of online education—and share your own experiences. Explore the 2019 conference archive to see past invited speakers and session topics.
You’ll talk about
- Success factors and innovative practices in distance education and training
- Course design, teaching methods, technology tools, learner support, management, policy, and evaluation
You’ll learn how to
- Apply new and emerging technologies to online teaching and learning
- Consider future possibilities and technologies
You’ll connect with
- Distance educators, trainers, practitioners, and administrators from around the world
- Industry leaders sharing tools, products, and services that increase productivity and improve online practice
Extend your learning
Enhance your conference experience by choosing these options when you register:
- Conference certificate: Earn a professional development certificate in an online education topic of your choice. You’ll complete online coursework before the conference, attend a face-to-face workshop at the conference, and learn practical strategies and techniques you can put to use right away.
- Pre-conference workshop: Explore an exciting online-learning topic with a knowledgeable presenter. Each workshop features practical information and hands-on learning activities that help you build important skills.
Connect with experts and peers
A broad range of professionals in distance education and online learning attend DT&L each year. Attendees range from experienced practitioners to new online educators and represent organizations from all regions of the United States and several other countries.
Our attendees come from:
- Higher and continuing education
- Vocational and technical education
- Community-based education
- International and global education
- Nonprofit organizations
- Government and the military
- K-12 education
- Health care organizations
- Business and industry
- Consulting organizations
They work as:
- Faculty, teachers, instructors
- Support personnel
- Designers, developers, and technologists
- Administrators, managers, and directors
- Technology and service providers
- Corporate and government trainers
- Military educators
Choose how you learn
Learn in the ways that suit you best! Here are some of the session types you can choose from:
- Keynote speeches and other presentations: keynote speeches and over a dozen other presentations by nationally recognized thought leaders and experts
- Info Sessions: Research, Exploratory, and Interactive Sessions
- Discussions: facilitated, informal group discussions led by topic experts
- Speed sessions: condensed presentations on hot topics, followed by Q&A sessions
- ePosters: interactive electronic posters on course program design, research, and tools
- Exhibit hall: the place to watch eTools demos and educational presentations, and the gathering place for other conference events
- Global Conversations: international distance-learning success stories, innovations, and challenges.