One of the most challenging issues facing higher education today is evaluating the value and impact of learning through technology. In this project-focused certificate, you will learn how to use a flexible and robust evaluation methodology to measure results of eLearning projects at five distinct levels. You will learn how to conduct an evaluation that not only measures learning, but also captures data about application, impact, and Return on Investment. You will develop a basic evaluation plan focused on results.
Online course work: July 11-24
Conference certificate session: July 25
Total time: 30 hours (approx. 7 hours of online course work + 23 hours conference attendance, including Tuesday certificate session)
CEUs: 3 (also includes digital badge)
Cost: $895 (includes full conference registration and Tuesday lunch)
This certificate is intended for higher education professionals working in distance education, online learning, instructional technology and educational innovation programs. Participants include campus administrators, program directors and managers, instructors, instructional designers, technologists and other staff interested in evaluating the results of various eLearning projects.
This blended learning experience lays the foundation for you to become a knowledgeable and skilled project evaluator. After you complete this certificate you will be able to:
1. Apply core concepts, principles, and processes of the ROI methodology to a variety of online learning and educational technology related projects.
2. Develop an initial evaluation plan for a project of your choice that goes beyond one’s current level of evaluative thinking to capture and measure value-added results. More specifically you’ll learn how to:
This certificate involves 4 major learning components:
This is a project-focused certificate so you must have an elearning project(s) to work on. To successfully complete this certificate and receive 3 CEUs, you must do the following:
Each participant will receive:
• A participant workbook, complete with exercises and exhibits
• A copy of the book Measuring the Success of Learning Through Technology by Jack and Patti Phillips
• A copy of the foldout job aid on the ROI Methodology
• Several ROI reference books
• Additional case studies